Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love Your Heart by Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas, Illustrated by Abigail Marble


Love Your Heart
by: Tim McGraw and Tom Douglas
Illustrated by: Abigail Marble

Love Your Heart is a children's book written for, I would say, 3-7 year olds. This is a great book of a father's affirmation. Katie is trying to decide what to do for the talent show. There are some very funny moments involving the family dog. In the end, Dad is so proud of his little girl for making a very selfless choice to help a friend at the talent show.

I really enjoyed reading this book, especially with my daughter. Katie is such a fun character for kids to relate to. She's carefree, imaginative and puts others first. Also, I love books that highlight the daddy/daughter relationship. That is such a special relationship that is very well illustrated in this book. The message of the book is clearly depicted through Katie's selfless act during the talent show where she put her friend, Sophie, first and helped her with her talent. The illustrations are fun and whimsical with bright colors to attract kids. I would definitely recommend this book.







This book was sent to me by Thomas Nelson Publishers for the purpose of reviewing the book.
I was not influenced by them regarding how to write this review.

No comments: